About the Board of Directors
Austin International School, a private school, is a registered 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization governed by a Board of Directors. Board members volunteer their time and contribute resources to the school. They do not gain monetarily or otherwise from any aspect of the Board’s activities.
The Board of Directors is responsible for the general and long-term policies of real estate, fund raising, business and financial matters. This includes:
- Legal responsibilities for the school’s activities
- Preparation of the school’s mission statement
- Review and maintenance of the bylaws and policies, which are consistent with the school’s mission and the guidelines set by the State of Texas
- Compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Approval of the school policy, which the school’s administration implements
- Accountability for the financial well-being of the school, including capital assets, operating budgets, fundraising, and endowment
- Liaison with the Mission Laïque Française
The board is composed of members of the community-at-large and parents. While the Head of School also attends meetings, he or she does not have a vote.
Board Members (2016-2017)
AIS's Board of Directors benefits from the expertise of Austin community members and the insights of parent members. For the 2016-2017 academic year, the AIS Board of Directors is composed of the following members:
- Liz Wiley, Board Chair
- Amy Brown, Board Vice-Chair and Advancement Committee Chair
- Kate McCarthy, Board Secretary
- Ricardo Sánchez, Board Treasurer and Finance/Governance Committe Chair
- Ana-Barbara Llorente, Audit and Risk Assessment Committee Chair
- Stacey McDougal, Marketing Committe Chair
- Kathleen Baireuther, Evaluation Commitee Chair
- Nathan Yang
- Anne Idiart
- François Waelbroeck
The Board of Directors meets monthly. Minutes are available on our website once approved. The Board has several committees, which include Executive, Finance, Audit, Governance, and Advancement.