AIS Profile of Graduates
Through the AIS mission, vision, and core values, we seek to prepare our students for the world of today and tomorrow.
Our vision is to live in a world in which we are:
- Globally minded. We think about the global context and consequences of our actions.
- Interpersonally skilled. We recognize each other’s strengths and strive to build long-lasting relationships with one another.
- Interculturally skilled. We consider others’ perspectives and value the ability to communicate across languages and across cultures.
- Positive. We maintain a positive attitude in everything that we do by embracing challenges and looking for opportunities.
- Adaptable. We consider different perspectives and approaches to the problems that face us.
Our mission is to have a school where we can be:
- Curious. We have a desire to learn more about the people and the world around us.
- Successful. We persevere until we find solutions to the various challenges that confront us.
- Prepared. We develop a bank of knowledge and a set of skills that will help us engage in the world around us.
- Inspired. We pursue our dreams and we learn from our peers, educators, families, and other community members.
- Confident. We recognize the valuable contributions that we can make to our families and to our communities.
Our core values encourage us to be:
- Creative. We take creative risks that help us learn and grow as individuals and in teams.
- Respectful. We listen carefully to one another and favor empathy over sympathy.
- Communicator. We communicate across languages and cultures, seeking out common ground for the things that we know, say, and do.
- Independent thinker. We strive to develop strategies that enable us to think adaptively and to develop our unique perspectives and opinions.
- Critical thinker. We work to analyze situations presented to us, call on shared information that we know, and develop reasoned opinions about what we have learned.
- Balanced. We recognize that in order to find academic success, we must seek personal balance – physically, mentally, as well as emotionally.
- Generous. In learning about others, we learn about their needs, hopes, and desires. Our generosity of heart encourages us to support one another.
- Responsible. We show respect and care for our global and local societies as well as for our shared environment.
- Autonomous. We learn to work and explore independently, developing our set of strengths and recognizing areas for growth.
- Adventurous. We are excited about opportunities to take risks in a safe and supportive environment.