2019-2020 Tuition and Fees
Our tuition includes the cost of textbook rental, consumable workbooks, and the cost of local field trips.
- Early (re-)enrollment discount of $250 per student for contracts received before April 5, 2019.
- Referral fee discount of $250 for referrals leading to completed enrollments.
- Afterschool care costs are reduced during early commitment period for contracts received before April 5, 2019.
AIS offers sibling discounts for families with multiple students enrolled at AIS. The eldest child will receive a $250 discount off their tuition. The next eldest sibling will receive a $500 discount off their tuition. The third (and fourth or more) eldest student attending AIS will each receive a $1,000 discount off their individual tuition. These sibling discounts do not apply to families with one student attending AIS.
Other Required Fees
Required fees for new students:
- Application fee: $125
- Registration New Student fee: $1,000 (waived before April 5th, 2019)
- New Student testing fees: vary by assessment needs
Required fees for all students:
- Parent-Teacher Organization Dues: $75 (per family)
- Technology Fee: $100 in Cycle 1; $200 in Cycle 2; $300 in Cycles 3 and 4
- Expansion Fee: $500 (per family)
Required fees for class trips outside of Austin:
- CM1 Trip to Fort Davis, Texas: $600
- CM2 Trip to France: $2,000
1 The Technology Fees are part of a strategic technology plan to improve and enhance student resources. These fees provide a distinct resource for student technology-related expenditures to replace obsolete computer and classroom equipment, support interdisciplinary curriculum development and program tools, expand networking and data security, and provide access to software resources. These fees facilitate the following device to student ratios:
2 The Expansion Fee provides the revenue stream to meet the facility and capital expense needs of the school. Additionally, it may be used for financing and debt service of the existing campus facilities and provides resources for continued growth and expansion needs of our campus.
Families may elect to make their payments on the following schedules:
- two installments
- monthly installments over nine months
- Families who register during the early commitment period pay a deposit of 10% of tuition plus Other Fees due upon registration as outlined above. The balance of tuition is due in an annual, semi-annual, or 9-month payment plan from August 2019 through April 2020.
- Families who register after April 5th pay the balance of tuition in either an annual, semi-annual, or 9-month payment plan from June 2019 through February 2020.
- Families registering after June 1st will have a condensed payment schedule.