Last update: March 25th, 2020 at 19:50
During a time of contagious disease outbreak, Austin International School's operations are guided by its Crisis Management Matrix for Contagious Diseases.
AIS is currently at a
RISK LEVEL 4 (HIGH RISK)
Updated March 20, 2020 at 17:00
Based on our current risk level and recommendations for external agencies, the following operational adjustments are in effect:
- The AIS campus is closed to most staff through March 30th, 2020 and to all students and families through at least April 13th, 2020. This campus closure may be extended.
- AIS will launch AIS Distance Learning on Wednesday, April 1st. In preparation for this, March 30th and 31st will be teacher work days.
- All Afterschool Activities will be canceled until further notice.
- All field trips are suspended until further notice.
- AIS cleaning crews are completing a multi-week cleaning and disinfection process during the school's closure.
Current indicators that place AIS at a Risk Level 4 (High Risk) are the following:
- The World Health Organization has declared COVID-19 to be a global pandemic.
- There is currently person-to-person spread in Texas and in the Austin community.
- The Governor of Texas has issued an executive order to close schools through at least April 3rd, 2020.
- No AIS students, families, faculty, or staff have been identified with COVID-19.
- Travel advisories have been issued by the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control.
- The U.S. Department of State has issued a Global Health Advisory - Level 4 Do Not Travel.
- There are currently major travel restrictions that change on a daily basis.
- There are reports that hospitals may not be able to manage or meet the health care needs related to COVID-19.
Please click on the following links for communications sent to our community:
- March 25th, 2020 at 19:45. AIS Communiqué #7 Regarding COVID-19
- March 20th, 2020 at 21:00. AIS Communiqué #6 Regarding COVID-19
- March 16th, 2020 at 18:15. AIS Communiqué #5 Regarding COVID-19
- March 13th, 2020 at 18:11. Friday Flash: COVID-19 and Spring Break Travel
- March 13th, 2020 at 11:21. AIS Communiqué #4 Regarding COVID-19
- March 13th, 2020 at 07:34. AIS Communiqué #3 Regarding COVID-19
- March 12th, 2020 at 14:45. AIS Communiqué #2 Regarding COVID-19
- March 06th, 2020 at 16:47. Friday Flash: COVID-19 and Spring Break Travel
- March 04th, 2020 at 17:11. AIS Communiqué #1 Regarding COVID-19
- January 31st, 2020 at 18:58. Friday Flash: Coronavirus and AIS Contagious Disease Protocol