Last update: April 28th, 2020 at 19:45
During a time of contagious disease outbreak, Austin International School's operations are guided by its Crisis Management Matrix for Contagious Diseases.
AIS is currently at a
RISK LEVEL 4 (HIGH RISK)
Updated March 20, 2020 at 17:00
Based on our current risk level and recommendations for external agencies, the following operational adjustments are in effect:
- The AIS campus is closed to all students and families through June 4th, 2020. This campus closure has been mandated through executive order GA-16 issued by the Governor of the State of Texas on April 17th, 2020.
- As an essential business operating in Austin, the AIS campus has a restricted access protocol for essential staff who may need to enter the campus in order to facilitate distance learning. Staff should travel to/from the campus with a Notice of Essential Travel provided by the school.
- AIS launched its AIS Distance Learning program to all families on Wednesday, April 1st. AIS will continue to engage its students in academic and extracurricular activities through distance learning until the end of the 2019-2020 academic year.
- All in-person afterschool activities have been canceled through June 4th, 2020. A limited range of extracurricular activities will be offered through distance learning.
- All remaining field trips have been canceled for the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Because limited number of staff members are on campus each day, AIS cleaning crews will continue to clean and disinfect the campus while it is closed, with a specific deep-clean focus on areas used by staff.
Current indicators that place AIS at a Risk Level 4 (High Risk) are the following:
- The World Health Organization has declared COVID-19 to be a global pandemic.
- There is currently person-to-person spread in Texas and in the Austin community.
- The Governor of Texas has issued an executive order to close schools through the end of the 2019-2020 academic year.
- No AIS students, families, faculty, or staff have been identified with COVID-19.
- Travel advisories have been issued by the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control.
- The U.S. Department of State has issued a Global Health Advisory - Level 4 Do Not Travel.
- There are currently major travel restrictions that change on a daily basis.
- There are reports that hospitals may not be able to manage or meet the health care needs related to COVID-19.
Please click on the following links for communications sent to our community:
- April 24th, 2020 at 18:56. Friday Flash: Head of School eCommuniqué
- April 22nd, 2020 at 18:30. AIS eCommuniqué: Progress Reports and Parent-Teacher Conferences
- April 17th, 2020 at 17:42. Friday Flash: Head of School eCommuniqué
- April 8th, 2020 at 16:50. AIS Communiqué #11: Tips to Stop the Spread of COVID-19
- April 5th, 2020 at 10:05. A Message from the AIS Board of Directors
- April 3rd, 2020 at 21:00. AIS Communiqué #10: Wash Hands, Clean Surfaces, and Stay Well!
- April 3rd, 2020 at 19:33. Friday Flash: Head of School eCommuiqué
- April 1st, 2020 at 12:00. AIS Communiqué #9: Apart We Stand Together
- March 31st, 2020 at 20:15. AIS Communiqué #8 Regarding COVID-19
- March 27th, 2020 at 20:36. Friday Flash: Head of School eCommuniqué
- March 25th, 2020 at 19:45. AIS Communiqué #7 Regarding COVID-19
- March 20th, 2020 at 21:00. AIS Communiqué #6 Regarding COVID-19
- March 16th, 2020 at 18:15. AIS Communiqué #5 Regarding COVID-19
- March 13th, 2020 at 18:11. Friday Flash: COVID-19 and Spring Break Travel
- March 13th, 2020 at 11:21. AIS Communiqué #4 Regarding COVID-19
- March 13th, 2020 at 07:34. AIS Communiqué #3 Regarding COVID-19
- March 12th, 2020 at 14:45. AIS Communiqué #2 Regarding COVID-19
- March 06th, 2020 at 16:47. Friday Flash: COVID-19 and Spring Break Travel
- March 04th, 2020 at 17:11. AIS Communiqué #1 Regarding COVID-19
- January 31st, 2020 at 18:58. Friday Flash: Coronavirus and AIS Contagious Disease Protocol