AIS Dress Code
Our dress code has been designed through the collaborative effort of AIS parents, students, and educators. The purpose of the AIS dress code is to maintain a safe, respectful, and positive learning environment for all community members. Adherence to a positive dress code models good citizenship and preparedness for a work environment free of distractions.
AIS students must abide by the dress code every school day. Parents will be notified in advance through the school’s weekly e-newsletter of special occasions on which the dress code is waived or modified. The AIS dress code is described as follows:
- Tops (shirts and sweaters)
- Color: Solid navy or white
- No logo (except the AIS logo)
- Shirts must be collared (except for Maternelle)
- Friday only: AIS T-shirts are permitted at all grade levels
- Trousers, shorts, skirt, or leggings
- Color: Solid navy
- No denim
- Socks or tights
- Color: solid navy or white
- Rubber soled
- Closed toes and heels
- Must be suitable for active play
- No shoes with lights or wheels
- Accessories that could pose a choking or strangulation hazard is strictly not allowed.
- Easily removable jewelry is not permitted.
- We encourage the students to leave rings, bracelets, necklaces, and items of value at home.
- Clothing must be in good repair.
- Torn or tattered clothing is not permitted.
Parents will receive a reminder from school leadership on the first instance that the student does not abide by the dress code. On the second instance, the student will be provided with clothing to change into (which must be washed and returned the next day) and parents will receive a final reminder. On the third and subsequent instances that the student does not follow the dress code, he or she will be sent home.
The AIS-PTO maintains a shop at school for families to purchase and/or exchange dress code items. Families who may need support with the purchase or trade-in of items related to the school dress code may contact the AIS-PTO directly.